It may be overstating things to say that you need some micronutrients more than others — they all work together to keep your body healthy and humming along. But it is perfectly fair to say that some micronutrients tend to be more deficient in the average American diet than others, and B12 ranks near the top of the list.
B12 is a water-soluble vitamin, meaning your body cannot store it, and circulating amounts beyond what you need are gradually flushed from your system. Yet B12 is used by your body on a daily basis for a number of important metabolic actions, including:
- DNA production
- Cell and nerve health
- Prevention of anemia
- Support of energy production
- Mood regulation and stress management
- Support of hormone production
- Circulation of oxygen
- Dozens of other functions!
B12 deficiency is common, especially for vegetarians, because it is found only in animal food sources like red meat, eggs and fish. B12 does not occur in plants. People who exercise regularly and limit caloric intake are prone to B12 deficiency, and stress can increase the body’s B12 requirements.
Benefits of B12 Injections
One way to be sure your body gets enough B12 to support your metabolic functions is to get regular B12 injections. While the benefits of B12 shots are many, these five are of the highest priority for total health and wellness.
- Energy: Whether you need an extra boost of energy to get you through the workweek or you want to enhance performance at the gym or on the playing field, a B12 shot will make you feel like a Super Hero.
- Weight Management: It is hard to lose weight if you’re feeling sluggish and your metabolism is dragging its feet. A B12 shot may be just what you need to get up and get going, so you can lose unwanted body fat.
- Immune Support: B12 enhances circulation throughout your body, sending oxygen and nutrients to your cells. This super-vitamin also works with other micronutrients to fight infections and disease, including heart disease and cancer. To maximize disease-fighting benefits, consider a micronutrient IV cocktail for total immune support.
- Mood Regulation: If you’re feeling grumpy or blue, B12 can turn things around. Nutritional deficiency is often an underlying cause of mood swings and emotional instability. B12 helps improve your mood and fights depression.
- Sleep: If you suffer from insomnia or unproductive sleep, you may be B12 deficient. The vitamin regulates serotonin and melatonin levels, essential for stress management and a good night’s sleep.
B12 Injections in NYC
To get the best B12 therapy in NYC, look no further than Advanced Cryo NYC in historic SoHo. Our friendly skilled clinicians will make sure you get the right dose in a safe and minimally invasive way. While visiting Advanced Cryo NYC, check out our unique menu of therapies and treatments, all geared to keeping you looking and feeling young, healthy and beautiful, year after year.